About Me

Fritz Polax is an American journalist. He is from Queens and almost 23 years old.

Monday, October 18

MONDAY

One of my favorite things to do in class is dancing downstage.  It's always typical to go from corner to corner, but when you do a combination downstage it's a lot more interesting to watch in the mirror.  Today we worked on piquing with a battement while the torso was in a 3s/6s spiral.  Then we shifted really low twice into a contraction and on the release turned out like royalty.

Stephanie said, "I told level 2 to open their bodies like motherfucking kings."  I laughed to myself because a few classes before she mentioned how swearing on stage or in a studio was disrespectful.

We worked on shifting for a while.  It was a standing exercise on six:

Lunge
Shift
Lunge
SHIFT
Turn
Skitter with Leg
Doubleback
TikTok

During pleadings Stephanie mentioned how our bodies should wrap around an axe as if it were chopping us down the middle.  It was good imagery because if an axe were to separate my torso I would be really deep into the ground.

Like This!

No comments:

Post a Comment